Some ramblings about me, I’m Craig Kilborn, 39 years old and I live in the UK. I work as a Lead Solutions Architect for SCC focusing on designing hybrid cloud solutions to meet complex business requirements across multiple vendors including Microsoft Azure, Cisco, Citrix, HP and VMware
One of the main reasons I enjoy virtualisation is that it combines many of my passions for storage, design, networking and servers.
I get a real kick out of helping clients achieve business goals through IT, as without them I wouldn’t get to play with all the cool stuff.
Due to the breadth of work I undertake, one of the main things is trying to keep up to date with qualifications from various vendors, it does help if you have a supportive company behind you who embrace your appetite for knowledge.
For those of you who like to know what others are doing, I hold the following active industry certifications:
- Citrix Certified Administrator (CCA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate: Security (CCNA:S)
- HP APC – StorageWorks Solutions Architect (HP APC)
- HP ASE – Storage Solutions Architect (HP ASE)
- HP MASE – Storage Solutions Architect (HP MASE)
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Enterprise Administrator (MCITP: EA)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA 2008)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) – Cloud Platform
- Microsoft Specialist – Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- Microsoft Specialist – Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- VCP – Desktop (VCP5-DT)
- VCAP – Datacentre Administration (VCAP5-DCA)
- VCAP – Datacentre Design (VCAP5-DCD)
- VCP – Datacentre Virtualisation (VCP5-DCV & VCP5.5-DCV)
Get In Touch