Today, Virtualization Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) is a key initiative for many organizations looking to reduce their administrative overhead while providing a more secure, flexible and reliable desktop computing environment for end users. A lot of planning and decision-making is required to ensure a successful deployment. Choosing the right virtualization platform to host the virtual desktop implementation is often the first challenge faced and, to a certain degree, may make or break the entire transformation. Important considerations when choosing the best VDI platform are:
- Does the platform provide the features, reliability and high availability that meet the business requirements?
- Is the platform reliable and proven?
- Does the platform provide a secure foundation for all the virtual desktops?
- Can it be standardized on the same platform as the existing server virtualization?
- How will the choice I make today impact my future migration to a cloud environment?
- How does the VDI platform choice impact options for a VDI solution?
Read more here