This post is based around information provided by all round good guy Adrian Clint who is a Master ASE-in Data Center and Cloud Architect.
It’s purpose is to provide the key information you need to know about the new HP ProLiant Gen9 models.
- DL360p/DL380p “performance” servers are back to being the plain DL360 and DL380 Gen 9
- DL360e/DL380e “economy” not available, economy functionality is now provided by the DL160 and DL180 Gen 9
- ML350 Gen9 replaces the ML350/ML370 Gen8
- BL460 Gen 9 replaces the BL460 Gen 8
- E5-2600/1600 v3 processor CPUs
- DDR4 2133 MHz
- 12GB SAS Drives & Controllers
- No DDR3 compatibility!
- More drive slots available
- Smart Array Controllers are now optional parts like the LOMs
- No Microsoft Windows 2003 Support on Gen9
- SPP Firmware DVD is updated to September 2014, now only supports G6 – Gen9
- New VMware recipe for September 2014
- OA 4.30 firmware is released, support for Gen9 and new adaptors plus minor updates
- iLO4 2.0 firmware is released, on Gen9 can use a 1 GB non-volatile flash memory partition as if it was an SD-card attached to the server.
One thought on “HP ProLiant Gen9 – In A Nutshell”
Terrific post however I was wondering if you could write
a litte more on this topic? I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.