I’m sitting at London Heathrow Terminal 3 with a little bit of time on my hands before heading out to Virtualisation Field Day 6. So thought I would share a quick blog post around some news that I may have heard (cough) which are coming up in Azure Site Recovery.
- Lower total cost of ownership using vSphere to Azure Site Recovery with a PaaS model
- vSphere to Azure Site Recovery test failover support
- vSphere to Azure Site Recovery integrated fast failback
- vSphere to Azure Site Recovery compression support
- vSphere to Azure Site Recovery preview portal integration, along with with RBAC and PowerShell
- All failure scenarios enabled for the IaaS CSP model
- SQL Always On Native Integration
Microsoft are knocking it out of the park with this upcoming update, the ability to perform a test failover and integrated fast failback are great steps in the right direction.