Trying to firmware upgrade HP iLO2 from version 2.07 or 1.81 to 2.22 results in the error message ‘firmware upgrade via webpage failed’ Using a .bin file via a Windows Server.
- Enabled compatibility mode in IE9, this resulted in Firmware loading to 99% and then timing out
- Enabled compatibility mode in IE10, again this resulted in Firmware loading to 99% and then timing out
- Tried using Google Chrome, again this resulted in Firmware loading to 99% and then timing out
It seems strange but the firmware upgrade will work using Mozilla Firefox. Using this browser results in success, I’m now on iLO2 firmware 2.22.
25 thoughts on “HP iLO2: Firmware Upgrade Via Webpage Failed”
Pleased it helped you out 🙂
Worked for me as well! Thanks Craig!
Cool! Thanks from Moscow, Russia!
It helped, thanks alot!
This was the righ heads up for me too, thanks a lot, i did go from 1.26 to 2.26 and thought first that i have to install one by one.
Thanks so much!!! You know how long I’ve been dealing with a flaky server that I NEEDED up upgrade to iLo 2+ so I could use the remote console blah blah….
I thought I was going mad – getting to 99% and then failing.
Mozilla worked for me too. Thank you
Worked for me too. GRRRR IE.
Yes.. super, had same issue, and this did the trick! Thumbs up dude..
THX worked fine
Thanks, this tip enabled me to update one of our servers from 2.01 to 2.27!
HP recommends other solution: clear IE Browser history and restart IE.
It works on IE11 (Win2k12) with upgrading from iLO2 (2.27 to 2.29).
This helped me to upgrade from 2.01 to 2.29. Current IE11 didn’t work, current Mozilla worked great.
I was not able to get to the iLO login page in Firefox. Added the IP in Firefox Security exception and was able to flash the firmware successfully. IE11 never worked for me.
Thanks! 2.07 to 2.29 successfully with Firefox, IE11 would not go.
Aussi incroyable que cela puisse paraître, ça fonctionne ! Un grand merci de France =)
It helped me! I was unable to flash ilo 2 2.31 over 1.42 version in IE 11, i got the message “firmware upgrade via webpage failed”. But in Firefox i successed! Thank you!
This helps me too 🙂
So simple, yet we just don’t think of it enough. Firefox has saved me in other situations and once again, it has prevailed. Thanks for the heads-up!
Firefox did it, chrome, IE and edge only did 99% and then failed.
Firefox did for me as well, however after upgrade i am not able to login to ILO using firefox saying RTO. Works well with IE.
Ridiculous, but it definitely worked here as well! Thanks for the tip!